Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Animal Collective is fucking incredible!



So I went to the second Animal Collective show Monday night, I had an extra ticket but couldn't find a taker, so I sold it and went solo(which I like.) The people who I offered the ticket to made a big mistake as this was one of the best rock shows I have ever seen(and I have seen many.) The Sunday show blew me away, but was hindered by "bad vibes" that ended in booing and no encore. Animal Collective regrouped for there final show at Webster Hall and really fuckin' took everything to another level. Where as the night before they didn't make it through "Fireworks" this night they would not only make it through but extend the song entirely. After a manic version of "Who could win a Rabbit?" the show could have ended and been perfect, but they added a plus to the "A" by doing a two song encore. After an hour and 45 min of bliss, The Vibes were definitely good. While watching Panda Bear illuminated by a blinding blue back light I swear he visually and vocally is an angel in a tug o' war with sidekick Avery Tare who hunched over in a red tee shirt plays the role of the devil who's voice, after his fall from heaven, is angelic but completely mutated. The whole show they seem to be sitting, one on each of your shoulders, singing and screaming into your ears while your head melts from the lights and the sonic textures of Geologist machines. This show was incredible! I took some vids and a couple of pics(but they do not do the show justice.) Anyway here they are. LUVIT!

No comments: