Saturday, October 20, 2007

CMJ - Dan Deacon Fucking Kills it!

So check it, every year I get a badge to go to CMJ events because I run a CMJ venue. Yay! So this year I had some free time to go peep out White Williams, No Age, DAN DEACON, and Deerhunter all on the same bill. I will discuss each in individual post but for now we are talkin' Dan Deacon. This dude killed it! I had never seen him live and I was more than happy to have witnessed him at The Bowery Ballroom(my favorite venue in NYC.) He set up on the floor(not the stage) and turned the whole fucking Ballroom into a basement rock rave! He was like an "out patient" Moses controlling the completely bonkers crowd with the the wave of a hand(that incidentally had a strobing cartoon kitty cat head in it.) and a verbally/visually contrived quirkiness. The tunes were loud and blissful, literally setting the whole crowd off into a frenzy. Amazing! Here is Dan Deacon with "Crystal Cat" LUVIT!

No comments: