Tuesday, October 9, 2007

BLADE RUNNER The Final Cut.









So last night I went to peep out my favorite flic of all time, Ridley Scott's Blade Runner. The Final cut was recently released on the wide screen, and was playing at Ziegfeld theatre in midtown Manhattan. On a side note, i had never been to the Ziegfled, but it is now definitely one of my favorite theaters in the city, it's beautiful. So i have seen Blade Runner many many times, the first time was on the wide screen when I snuck into the rated R movie when I was a kid. The movie has passed the test of time and it is still as magnificent as it was 25 years ago. The original version had a narration that Ridley Scott thought dumbed the movie down for the audience and a happy ending with the main characters flying off in to the sun set. A directors cut was released several years ago with no narration, a more vague ending, and the addition of a Unicorn dream sequence. Now with the final cut the narration is still gone, the Unicorn is still there, and the ending falls somewhere in between the original version and the directors cut(I prefer the Director's cut.) In the end all of these changes except the missing narration are almost moot, because this film is so powerful anyway. If you have a chance go see this on the wide screen I was blown away as a kid and I am still blown away today at the stunning visuals and the amazing story line. Here is the trailer for Blade Runner the Final Cut. LUVIT!

1 comment:

Blac Ren said...

I was about to ask if you wanted to go.